Our History


Every Sunday morning the Stoner family would drive to church, passing children riding their bikes and walking along the road. God began inspiring the family to begin a ministry to the children of the community.


Victory Schoolhouse on Germany Road in East Berlin was the perfect setting.


Fourteen children attended on September 14th, 1930 for the first class. Within the year, the class grew and expanded into two classes. An adult class was offered shortly after that.

The community added a preaching ministry in the 1950s, became an official congregation of the Brethren in Christ (BIC) in 1960, and built the Chapel sanctuary in 1963.


As the church grew, the need for more classrooms inspired the Fellowship Hall and classroom addition in 1974 and, most recently, the addition of a foyer, office, new restrooms and even an elevator!


Today, we hold special services in the original schoolhouse and it’s often used for youth gatherings. We seek to remain connected to the passion and pioneering spirit of those who first had open eyes to see the need, open hearts to be inspired, and willing hands to serve.